Monday 25 April 2011

It's that time again.

My maternity leave is now up.I can't believe i have been off for nearly ten months.I am going back on the 3rd May and i have to do two silly weeks full time training.I am returning as a breastfeeding mama woop and work are being surprisingly cooperative.After the training i'll be back to my old 2.5 days a week.
After applying for several jobs and getting nowhere i have resigned myself to going back to my old job which i despise-sales.
I have never been so unhappy in my career.I am not a sales person,i couldn't sell sand to the Arabs.I want to do nursing/care work,if only someone would give me a chance but all it takes is someone to apply who has a teeny bit of experience and BHAM there's my chance gone.
I am thinking of doing some volunteer work at the hospital,helping the elderly around,making tea,helping the HCA's etc.I think i need to prove that it is what i want to do,which it is.I have been thinking about my career for years now and i know everyone says "wait a few years then concentrate on your career" but they do not work where i work.It is hell,they have such a high turnover that i will be surprised if any of my old colleagues still work there.
I am determined to have a new job by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment