Thursday 10 March 2011

Testing and trying times.

Well yesterday had to be one of the worst days i have experienced so far as a parent.Madison was extremely naughty not once but TWICE!.
I could of happily put her on eBay lol.
It all begun when we went shopping and she wanted to get out of the pram and walk in Mothercare so i said "okay" then she wouldn't hold my hand and ran away!.So i then put her back in her pram with great difficulty as i had Olivia in the moby.Madison kept throwing herself out and going all limp so i couldn't put her in.When i did get her in she started screaming "Let me out!! Mummy hold hands!" and i said "No as you ran away" then she started screaming screams I've never heard that were incredibly LOUD! I felt so embarrassed,i know i shouldn't of but i always feel as if people are staring at you when your child had a tantrum.This particular tantrum lasted around 20 minutes.Nothing i said or did calmed her down.And after all that she thought she would still be allowed a "gingy" (gingerbread man),I don't think so haha.
The thing is she never is this naughty with Paul,makes me think I'm a soft touch or is it because she spends 90% of her time with me? Hmm.
We then went upto my nans for dinner,sausage,mash and beans nom nom!
After a few hours there we thought we would leave and go and do some shopping which is where we had the 2nd big tantrum.Paul put Olivia in the trolley and Madison walked around with me,she took her gloves off and threw them on the floor so i put them in my pocket and carried on walking around.A few minutes later Madison started screaming for her gloves so i gave them her and she threw them again! So this time i put them in my pocket and said "no".
Madison greatly objected to this and when i tried to hold her hand she went all limp and threw herself on the floor and started screaming.I went to pick her up and she crawled away.Then i spent about 10 minutes looking for Paul.She soon calmed down when he told her off haha.
All in all a stressful day that i don't want to repeat anytime soon.
How can someone so cute be such a devil lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, sounds awful! I've not had a bad public tantrum like that yet, had a mini one today at the Surestart Centre, but wasn't too bad lol. I keep getting "STOP BUGGING ME, MUMMY!" in a screamy high pitched voice amidst cries!

    Have you tried talking to her before you go out, or just as you leave the car, saying something like "While we are in the shop, I expect you to hold my hand while walking. If you can do this, you can have a gingerbread man after we've finished shopping." Then keep reminding her as you're walking around the shop, saying things like "Well done Madison, you're holding hands beautifully, when we're done shopping we'll be able to go get you a gingerbread man for walking so nicely!".

    We did that the other week when we went to Matalan, and it worked a treat, he was so good!

    ReplyDelete