Thursday 5 January 2012

I cannot wait.

I just cannot wait to start volunteering.I have recieved my CRB check back,all clear of course lol and yesterday I booked my induction which is on February 8th.They said it will take a few hours as there is a few things I need to learn,like infection control,then I will get to go to the ward and meet everyone,ready for starting the week after.God it has took a long time which is understandable because of all the checks but I thought it would of been just a tad quicker lol I started the process in October!.
I'm hoping it will give me the experience and confidence for a job in care and also the opportunity to see how a ward works and test the water as to whether nursing is for me.I have been thinking recently and it is 90% what I want to do,i just have that niggle where I may look at some other careers and see if any of them take my fancy,like social worker.

Update on the girls.
They are doing great,i can't believe Madison goes to school next year,crazy,i hope she enjoys it.Just recently she hasn't wanted to go to the childminders and hates me going to work.I put in a flexible working hours form at work and ky manager has told me it has been REFUSED all because I haven't hit target.I am so angry and will be putting in a grievance when I go back as I haven't even recieved confirmation from HR of this.It's not as if I was cutting my hours just starting earlier and finishing earlier so I can put the girls to bed and on the Wednesday I will be working till 8 as I'm volunteering.I just cannot see what the problem is!.It is really one rule for one and another for someone else.

Liv is doing great,she has 11 teeth including a few molars.And a little secret I will share is that she has been sleeping through,6-5!.I don't mind it as it's better than her up multiple times in the night lol.
We are still breastfeeding,i never thought we would still be going now,i think I may let her self wean although I'm not fully decided on this.It is such a comfort for her and she still feeds 7+ times a day lol.

Well that is about it for now.
Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment